CHARTER AND ARTICLES
OF ASSOCIATION OF THE COMMITTEE
«DESIGN LIGHT & LED MADE IN EUROPE»
- technical and production activity in lighting and LED in Europe is well known all over the world for its quality, safety, design, reliability, originality and inventiveness;
- great interest is increasingly spreading everywhere concerning the development, study, and experimentation of lighting and its devices, in order to claim, consolidate and protect European products and design (“made in Europe”);
- in a globalized world, at all levels, it is considered a priority to preserve and exalt the identity of European lighting products considered an example of excellence;
- experts in the field of lighting, followers and enthusiasts from all countries of Europe, have expressed the need for a common action to achieve these goals and have therefore decided to promote a special international European Committee, purpose-built to join forces and experiences and to collect funds, contributions, and everything necessary;
IT IS AGREED AS FOLLOWS
Art. 1. – Name and Address of the Committee
- A Committee is constituted named Design Light & Led Made in Europe by the undersigned founders and, subject to signature,
- The legal seat of the Committee is temporarily in 00187 Rome, Italy, at Via Poli 3.
Art. 2. – Nature and Purposes
- The Committee Design Light & Led Made in Europe is a free union of European citizens, pursuing every occupation, experts or enthusiasts of European lighting, design and products, independent, non-partisan, non-confessional, nonprofit, established in the common and free interest of its fellows in European lighting and in its identity, diffusion and protection.
- The Committee Design Light & Led Made in Europe, established without a time limit, has the purpose of coordination and service for its fellows, through common actions:
- to support and promote the defense and enhancement of European lighting production, including its particular quality and special design, highlighting its technical, scientific, creative, commercial and power-saving features;
- to support and promote ties and relationship among its fellows and with or between every technical, scientific, creative, commercial, manufacturing, cultural and educational organization in connection with all issues relating to European lighting, design and products;
- to produce research, statistics, investigations, reports, projects, seminars, workshops, polls, meetings, and exhibitions, in order to publicize or explain the European lighting world and its devices, through any media;
- to create and promote a special trademark, which characterizes and identifies made in Europe design and lighting products;
- to suggest opinions, proposals, and orientations at any level about new laws and technical rules concerning lighting;
- to create scholarships, competitions, internships, partnerships with universities, polytechnic institutes, research centers and bodies;
- to promote commissions and qualified teams to study, analyze, and verify the technical, scientific, economic, and legal situation of lighting production in Europe and its free-market and patent protection;
- to promote the defense – including collective – of European lighting products against every kind of servile imitation, violation of free-market, illegal protectionism, appropriation and usurpation of qualities, name, intellectual, industrial and commercial property, confusion, direct and indirect monopolistic tendencies;
- to promote any other action in order to achieve the Committee’s objectives.
Art. 3. – Founders
- Those who shall sign this document and articles of association are the charter members or
- The Founders, through this charter, advocate European persons to be Promoters of the Committee Design Light & Led Made in Europe.
Art. 4. – Promoters
- Those who shall sign this charter in answer to the Founders’ public call are the
- This charter may be signed as a Promoter by:
- Individuals being owners or partners of any kind of company in Europe, of any level, also sole traders, working in the branch of lighting, interested in supporting European design and “Made in Europe” as a model of excellence and in its defense – including collective – of against every kind of servile imitation, violation of free-market, illegal protectionism, appropriation and usurpation of qualities, name, intellectual, industrial and commercial property, confusion, direct and indirect monopolistic tendencies;
- European citizens, pursuing every occupation, experts or enthusiasts of European lighting, design and products, interested in European lighting and its identity, diffusion and protection.
- Candidates to be Promoters shall send the Founders a request by filling in the form downloaded from the Committee’s website (www.designlightledmadeineurope.org)
- The request will be examined by the Founders, who will decide whether to approve or reject it. In the case of admission, the Founders will inform the new Promoter by e-mail.
- The Committee will start up when a minimum of 10 (ten) Promoters are admitted.
Art. 5. – Members
- After the startup of the Committee Design Light & Led Made in Europe in accordance with arts. 4. and 5. above, other subjects may be admitted as Members, sharing all purposes of this charter.
- The candidates to be Members shall send the President a request by filling in the form downloaded from the Committee’s website (www.designlightledmadeineurope.org)
- The request will be examined by the President and the Board, who will decide whether to approve or reject it. In the case of admission, the President will inform the new member by e-mail.
Art. 6. – Founders’, Promoters’ and Members’ Obligations
- Founders, Promoters and Members are committed to actively participate in the life of the Committee, making their own knowledge and experiences available and assuming fees-free office in the offices of the Committee, for the development and attainment of the common purposes.
- Founders, Promoters and Members are committed to continuously and yearly increase the common fund of the Committee through their own contributions.
- Temporarily, in the first two-year period, the minimum contribution at the expense of every enrolled shall be: a) a one-time registration fee of euro 200.00 (two hundred/00); b) an ordinary fee of euro 300.00 three hundred/00) for each year.
- After the first two years, the registration fee and the ordinary fee will be fixed by the Board.
- Free extraordinary contributions will be gratefully accepted at all times by the Committee.
Art. 7. – Temporary Offices of the Committee
- During the first two years, the Committee offices shall be temporarily replaced by a Board of Directors of five members, including the President, the Vice-president, the Secretary-General, the Treasurer and the Public Relations Officer.
- The Board of Directors during the first two years is composed as follows:
- Public Relations Officer:
- Two months before the end of the first two years, the President shall call all members to a general meeting of Founders, Promoters and Members to elect the definitive Offices of the Committee.
- The first two year period starts from the date of signature of this charter by the Founders and ends on December 31st, 2016, the date by which the definitive Offices of the Committee shall be elected.
- The fiscal year is the calendar year, i.e. from January 1st to December 31st, except for the first year ending December 31st, 2014.
Art. 8. – Ordinary Offices of the Committee
- The ordinary offices of the Committee are::
- the President and the Vice-president;
- the Secretary-General;
- the Treasurer;
- the General Meeting;
- the Board of Directors;
- the Sole Accountant.
- The Offices of the Committee shall hold office for three years; the components’ number, the attributions and the assignments of all the Offices will be specified in a rule, that the General Meeting of the Founders, Promoters and Members will vote on at its first meeting according to art. 7. 4. above.
Art. 9. – Commissions
- The Board of Directors may establish targeted Commissions for special activities (preparatory studies, reports, etc.).
- In particular, these Commission shall be considered:
- the Rule Commission, to prepare the general rule of the Committee;
- the Technical and Legal Commission, to arrange common tutelary and informative actions, as well as to create the juridical conditions for the common assistance of members and customers for every kind of servile imitation, violation of free-market, illegal protectionism, appropriation and usurpation of qualities, name, intellectual, industrial and commercial property, confusion, direct and indirect monopolistic tendencies in the field of lighting;
- the Commission To Study the State of Lighting in Europe.
Art. 10. – Label/Logo
- The Committee is provided with a special label, which can be registered as a trademark in one or more European countries:
- The label/logo may be used by the members, as an identification of European lighting production of excellence, if authorized by the Board.
Art. 11 – Website
- The Committee is provided with a website having the registered domain designlightledmadeineurope.org
- All communications between the Committee and Founders, Promoters and Members, including for the convocation of general meetings, shall be by e-mail or certified e-mail.
Art. 12 – Applicable Law
- The Committee is ruled by Italian law.